Deborah L. Ross
CONDOMINIUMS, HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATIONS & COOPERATIVES
The Firm devotes a substantial portion of its practice to the representation of approximately 500 community associations which include condominium, homeowner, cooperative, property owner, master and community marina associations, as well as commercial condominiums. Our attorneys provide a wide range of legal services for community associations, including but not limited to:
- The counseling of community associations in their day to day operations.
- The noticing of, preparation for and conduct of both Membership and Board Meetings.
- Responding to inquiries regarding the interpretation and implementation of Governing Documents and pertinent law;
- Enforcing covenants and restrictions as well as rules and regulations;
- Advising community associations on compliance with applicable federal, state and local law, court rulings and administrative decisions.
- The interpretation, amendment and enforcement of Governing Documents.
- Advising on storm preparation and protection as well as post-storm clean-up efforts and repairs.
- Working cooperatively with the Board of Directors and management on fiscal matters, such as budgeting, assessing, and establishment and calculation of reserves.
- Preparation and review of contracts.
- Collection of delinquent assessments, including liens and foreclosures.
- Coordination with unit owner transition committees preparing for turnover.
- Representation of newly transitioned communities focusing on post-turnover developer and operational issues.
Community Association Links
Chapter 718, Florida Statutes – The Condominium Act
Chapter 61B-15 – 25 – Florida Administrative Code, Condominiums
Chapter 719, Florida Statutes – The Cooperative Act
Chapter 61B-75 – 79 – Florida Administrative Code, Cooperatives
Chapter 720 – Florida Homeowners’ Association Act
Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes
Florida Division of Corporations
Our firm handles a variety of collection matters on behalf of our clients. These matters include both consumer and commercial debts such as the collection of assessments for community associations, collection of debts owed under promissory notes and mortgages, and collection of rent from tenants. We handle hundreds of collection matters each year and aggressively collect debts arising from all transactions. For our community association clients, we offer flat fees for demand letters and liens.
Our attorneys have handled thousands of foreclosures on behalf of our community association clients. We have also prosecuted and defended foreclosure lawsuits involving construction liens and mortgages. Lead by a highly skilled, aggressive, and experienced team of attorneys, we are able to provide the highest quality of legal services for foreclosure related matters. Proper guidance through this complicated process is essential. We strive to be cost efficient and to communicate frequently and effectively with our clients.
Our creditors’ rights attorneys represent secured and unsecured creditors, and other parties affected by a debtor’s bankruptcy to ensure their rights are protected. Guidance at the outset of a bankruptcy can assist the creditor in choosing the best course of action to protect their interests and to see what can be done to preserve claim or debt owed by a debtor. Whether it’s a bankruptcy liquidation or plan reorganization, our attorneys will be there to assist you.